[Gpdd] MISC - It's been a while bit I'm back!

Nicola Atkins sunnyhunny964 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:18:15 EDT 2004

Hey guys!

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I have been SOOOO busy! I
haven'e even had chance to read all of my emails, so when I checked today I
had about thirty mails from the gpdd. It took me an age to read them all!

Just wanted to say that I got my 'boy' a nice new, big, shiny cage, 'cause
he was getting too big and fat for the old one, and it doesn't seem to have
improved his temperament. In fact, he's been biting even more that usual!
But this new cage has a clear plastic lid, and the other one just had bars,
so now at least he can't kick all of his sawdust out of the gaps in the
bars, making a helluva mess all over the floor (that was his old favourite
trick!). Harvey is spoilt beyond belief - too spoilt maybe. He's like the
naughty kid in class who always picks on the others, then when the teacher
comes over, he just smiles sweetly and bats his eyelids at them!

I have to put my twopenneth in about the whole peruvian custom of eating
piggies. Personally I think it's wrong. When I first read about it, ages
back, when I had my very first piggie (He was called Cuddles, and he was
another character!!), I was horrified and quite upset. But now I can see
it's just their custom, and like others have said on the gpdd, to them it's
just the equivalent of us eating a chicken; completely run-of-the-mill and
normal. We don't like it, but it's the way they live and we don't have a
choice. I CAN'T see it taking off in our society though - a society who sees
piggies as pets and family members. I suppose we just see ourselves as more
civilised than that? Anyway, one thing I know for sure - nobody is getting
their hands on my Harv, even if his generous weight would make him a juicy
morsel indeed!!

Have a good wheeeeep-end guys!
Harvey the Barbarian and his mama!