[Gpdd] CARE: Home design show on TV

dukejan1 at aol.com dukejan1 at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 14:29:21 EDT 2005

I was home from work yesterday and turned on the Home and Garden Station just to see what was on.   Unfortunately, I did not get the name of the actual show, but was appalled to find them redecorating a room in part "to hide the guinea pig cage."  The designer (with the owner in agreement) took the cage and situated it on a bookshelf that had a back, top, and two sides, leaving the poor piggie with only one view of the world.  They put a skirt on the bottom half of the cage to make sure the cage would blend into the room.  Then the designer placed a TV on top of the bookshelf above the piggie's cage (the owner apparently did not consider how noisy that must be for the GP).  To make matters even worse, they installed a ceiling fan that made the room feel "breezy."  Did that owner ever hear of keeping GPs out of drafts!  I was fuming mad at this show.  If the owner feels that she has to hide her cavy, is more concerned about her stylish surroundings than her piggie's health and well being, and doesn't consider her pig to be part of the family, she shoudn't have one.  There, I've vented.....
Janet,
Slave to Lily and Isabel