[Gpdd] HEALTH-Mourning piggie?

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 15:46:47 EDT 2005

Hello Denise

My Sabrina has been mourning the death of Jasmine too.
She is acting different. She has been eating more
pellets than usual though. I was wondering if it is
because her bowl is in the corner next to the other
two pigs. Maybe she is lonely and it makes her feel
better to eat beside of other pigs.

What is really sad is when I feed them their veggies.
Jasmine would always be first and Sabrina would be
behind her. Sabrina would go up begging on her hind
legs and then come down on Jasmine back to reach
farther. Now she wobbles around in the air without
Jasmines back to come down on. I feel sorry for her,
but she would not get along with Prissy in the cage.

If your pig is all alone, she probably is suffering
from depression and loneliness. I think the other pigs
around Sabrina's cage has helped her adjust to the
loss.

You might want to spend more time with her even if she
don't want to right now. She would probably appreciate
it after you get her out. Sabrina has enjoyed my
attention more.

I would not worry too much as long as she is eating
veggies and hay normally.

Dawnda

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com/

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.