[Gpdd] MISC - Piggy songs - for Lilac

Maren Fouts butzm at ece.osu.edu
Fri Aug 26 15:14:16 EDT 2005

First off I wanted to say )c:  That song just made me weep.

Secondly, I wanted to say how great I think it is that you gave no
apologies for making us cry.  Someone needs to grieve for those poor
little piggies that don't realize there are others out their who love
them, even if we don't take care of them.

I will never fully understand why it is that those petstore animals are
the ones that have to pay for the ineptness and greed of others.  People
like us can't give them a chance at life because that would be profiting
the awful industry that put them in their misery in the first place.  I
doubt that the stores really feel our boycott.

Let's do something!!  I'm not sure what.  The only thing that comes to
mind is getting animal lovers gathered at one of the more popular pet
stores and educating the arriving customers.  I hate to admit it, but my
Sam (my very first pig) came from a PetSmart (or PetStupid whichever).
The reason I went there was that I didn't know any better.  Let's educate
people.  Sam was sick when I got him.  What's worse is the store was just
going to leave him to die (as we all expect).  I reported them to animal
services with the police department and it turned out that there were no
other complaints against them.  do you believe that when I came to them
and told them that he was sick they asked if I wanted to exchange him!?!?!
 I was appalled!  They didn't want me to raise a big stink so I got what I
wanted as far as them paying for the vet bill, which I was given in cash
and I didn't sign anything either.  That always seemed suspicious to me.

let's do something for all of those poor animals.  What can we do?  any
ideas?

Sorry if I seem like I'm ranting.  This really gets under my skin.

Maren and the very loved Sam and Rosie