[Gpdd] CARE: 3 boars

sarah stock sarahritz at comcast.net
Thu Dec 22 12:36:49 EST 2005

I had my 3 boars housed together for almost a year without any major incidents. They were in a 2-level cage (3x2 on the bottom, with an L-shaped top level). They always did a lot of teeth chattering, but eventually it escalated to frequent nipping, and when a couple of fights got pretty bad, I finally separated Hank from Rocky and Ziggy, as he seemed to be the one getting picked on the most. So now Hank is in his own cage (smaller than I'd like, for now) that sits on top of the big 2-level cage. Rocky & Ziggy don't fight much at all now, so I think they have plenty of room for the 2 of them. I tried putting Hank in with the others for a visit once, but the reaction was hostile and immediate, so I haven't tried again. It'd be nice to have one big cage with dividers though, so at least they could socialize face to face!

Good luck!

Sarah