[Gpdd] MISC. - Bud's not so great escape

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Fri Feb 11 17:44:16 EST 2005

Wheek, wheek!

     I have the greatest Mommy and she has a HUGE playpen for me to play in every day. She tells everyone that it is a 4x6 C&C cage, whatever that means. I have lots of toys and tunnels and my own pigloo! She even comes in my play area and plays with me. I LOVE that.
     About a month ago when Mommy was playing with me she got up to check something in the kitchen and, while she was gone, I DISCOVERED something. She had forgotten to hook the ends of my cage together. I'm very strong and I pulled one of the panels to the side and, guess what? I WAS FREE.
     I had never been free before and it wasn't quite what I expected. I didn't know my way around and I was a little scared. I went behind the coffee table and found a great big couch that was perfect for hiding under. I knew Mommy would never get me there. She is very slow and I'm much faster than she is!
     Mommy came back in the living room and, at first, she didn't know I was gone. When she discovered that I was missing, she didn't do what I thought she'd do at all. She didn't freak out and she didn't even try to catch me. She peeked around the coffee table and spotted me under the couch but then she went back into the kitchen! What! Isn't she going to play, "Let's catch Bud?"
     Mommy came back in a minute and she got down on the floor and she had carrots and apples! I very slowly and cautiously sneaked over by her. She let me eat a couple bites and then, so fast you wouldn't have believed it, she swooped me up! Mommy is a cheater! But I still love her. I tried for several days to get out again but Mommy never forgets to hook up the cage any more.

Bud