[Gpdd] re:Health: Impactions

DunxUK at aol.com DunxUK at aol.com
Wed Feb 23 12:29:31 EST 2005

Hi Lisa, Poor Fozzy
I have only had the experience of impaction with one little boy, who passed
a couple of years ago, and again his owners thought him to be female....you
know  the rest of the story.I have found the best method is to gently submerge
the  rump in some warm water with a little tea tree oil in it, and then do what
you  must! I always get my husband to help me if there's any sort of bathing
involved. He holds the piggy and I will clean piglet up, even when they are
just  having a normal bath. You never know Fozzy might be like my Junior - he
would  live in the bath given half the chance! This seems to minimise any
chance of  biting.
 I also found that as well as tea tree oil in the bath, that using  Vaseline
helped lubricate matters.
Hope this helps
and I hope Fozzy feels perkier soon
Love