[Gpdd] CARE: Netherlands Dwarf Rabbits

Ana-Luisa analuisa at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 6 16:59:48 EST 2005

Hi,
I know this is a guinea pig digest but seeing there has been some talk on
housing guinea pigs and rabbits i thought id ask a question.

I have a male netherlands dwarf. He lives in a seperate cage from the girls
and has floor time seperate from them.

 Someone mentioned that rabbits and guinea pigs have very different
nutritional needs. i was wondering whether someone could explain these to
me. i was under the impresion that rabbits also need a constant supply of
hay and fresh vegetables every day, just like piggies, and the veggies
should be low in calcium. I know that they should get pellets for rabbits
only but in Australia they only have rabbit and guinea pig pellets. they do
not sell seperate pellets for rabbits and guinea pigs. So i have pretty much
been feeding all my animals the same things.

is this wrong, and what should rabbits be getting?

Thanks a lot,
Ana and Aramis