[Gpdd] Pregnant Piggy Care

Lyndsay Hunter lyndsayhunter1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 10:44:28 EST 2005

Hello all,
We have a friend who got a piggy from a guy in town who, we now know, is pregnant.  (The pig, not the guy...)  Based on the books we've read, we think the piggy (whose name is Abby or Fuzz, depending on who you ask) will have her babies any time.  Our vet has only limited hours (6-8 two nights a week) and we think that piggy may deliver any time.  We're not convinced that being pregnant constitutes a visit to the emergency vet.  Is there anything we should know that would help us help our friend with mommy pig?   We're very excited...if she has two or more, we get to keep one!
Lyndsay, Mike and the Super Poopers