[Gpdd] Care:Pits are dangerous

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Sun Jan 23 19:12:28 EST 2005

Janelle,
My husband just told me why apple seeds, avocado and fruit pits are not chew toys for your Piggies. Various fruit pits are poisonous because they all contain arsenic. Either in the skin of the seed as with apple or pear seeds, or in the pit itself like apricots, peachs, or avocados. No one really seems to know how many seeds are safe so better to avoid them all together.

Jennifer and Adam, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is

"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."