[Gpdd] GPDD-Health---Potter

Debbieganley debg43 at ij.net
Sat Jan 29 00:19:05 EST 2005

Hi, Dawnda--I appreciate your post--I meant it as a joking,  off-hand comment that I meant for  people who know me & my girls, or just an old expression ("sack of potatoes") --I didn't think of alarming anyone when I wrote the post about Potter's surgery,but  I've been around the GPDD long enough (a few years now) to think that anyone who knows me, knows I would never hurt our pigs or treat them inhumanly.

I firmly believe that pigs are not children's pets--they are fragile creatures & if you remember, I was one of the first to offer support for the GP who  was thrown out of a window in Indiana a month or so back.  Animal abuse sickens me, 2 of my 3 pigs were the recipients of it (Emma was born here in my house since she was Molly's baby, but Potter & Molly would have been snake food if I hadn't rescued them.)

Potter came thru her surgery just fine--her lab results were negative, thank God--just some fatty lumps we have to watch, for growth in the future.  She did great--was eating within 10 minutes of   waking up & purred when she saw me, when I came to get her from the vet.  She's still doing well--no one would ever know anything was done to her--running around, enjoying veggies & life in general.  We picked her up for some cuddle time on Tues afternoon & Potter had no complaints--just very happy to be back home & back with her sisters.   Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma