[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Stacy's story

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Mon Jan 31 20:45:46 EST 2005

Stacy, your experience of several years ago when you saw the man bringing
sick, dehydrated piggies to the petstore was just heartbreaking.  I hope
that (at the very least!) the people at the store refused to pay him for
the piggies.  How awful that some of them died right in front of
you.  Please don't blame yourself for not complaining to the store at that
time.  You did try to help the piggies, which was the most critical course
of action at that moment -- and you probably saved some of their
lives.  Also, sometimes shocking situations are so stunning (in the bad
sense of the word) that we can't really think what to do.

As hard as it can be to hear of these things, we do need to know about
them.  If they are in the past, we still can use the experience to prepare
ourselves to take action, should we someday be confronted with a similar
situation.  If they are in the present, we can take action by complaining,
writing letters of protest, helping rescue piggies -- whatever the specific
situation calls for.

Thanks for sharing your sad and difficult experience.

Sadly,
Cindy, Joey G., Sunshine, and Tumbleweed