[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] Sugarplum

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 22:57:50 EDT 2005

It is sad for me to say, my daughter's friend down the street has lost her beloved guinea pig, Sugarplum late last night.  She would have been 3 years old this year in October.

Sugarplum had surgery on her ear for a tumor in the beginning of the year.  She bounced back right away from the surgery, eating and drinking like as if nothing ever happened, even put some weight on.

Well last week I noticed she was breathing heavy which I mentioned this to the girl's mother and she just blew it off as her getting old and the heat.  Well I know better.  I didn't know this until today but apparently Sugarplum had a lump on her neck.  The vet said he wasn't sure if the tumor he removed from her ear was cancerous or not without tests which the owner refused.  The vet cauterized part of the tumor because he couldn't get it all.  This is my understanding of the whole situation.

Apparently, the tumor, I believe,  grew downwards and into her neck cutting off the airway.  There probably wasn't much the vet could have done at that point.  I just feel really bad for her.

May Sugarplum rest in peace and I hope she is with my Cupcakers and her friend Anna Belle at Rainbow Bridge.

Also, her friend, Ginger is going crazy looking for her, even though she is still eating, she is depressed.  Those two pigs were always sleeping side by side for months.  Ginger is now with two other resident pigs.  I feel sorry for her also because she lost her best friend.

Sad wheeks,
Lisa and the Guinea Girls, the lone boar, Flint

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"