[Gpdd] re: [BREEDING] question re rabbits and piggies

Jenna T. tenetylo at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:23:02 EDT 2005

Janine,

I do not have any experience re breeding etc... BUT I do have experience
with having a rabbit and two piggies.  My advise would be to NOT keep these
two in the same cage... Even if they are friendly to each other, rabbits do
not know that piggie is more fragile and their legs could crush / seriously
injure the piggie even by accident! (because the rabbits legs are so
powerful).   I have tried having our bunny and pig out for floor time at the
same time, but the pig usually rumbles at the bun who will accept it for a
little then start grunting and thumping... once he did go for the pig -
didn't reach him - but that was the last we had them out together... They
don't understand each others languages....   As for the breeding question -
I'm sure there are other members that can help on that one :)

Oh!   Also - piggies and rabbits have VERY different dietary needs.  Piggies
need Vit C.,  rabbits need higher protein and fiber foods... etc... so.....
it would almost be impossible to make sure they are getting what they needed
- food wise when they both live together.......

Hope that helps...

-Jenna,  fuzzy, louie, and max the bun

Re:
Hi

We have recently bought a female guinea pig and it has just had 4 babies 3
of which have died during birth. What should I do next ?? Also should it be
separted from my rabbit ??

Thanx Janine