[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear went to the Vet...

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 17:39:34 EDT 2005

Hello Slaves!
Sorry I've been away for a while. This
Mama Slave has been so busy, busy, busy.
And I am so behind on my Digest readings,
I don't know what to do...Sigh! Nonetheless,
I just wanted to update ya'll on my Sassy
Brownie Bear.

I was supposed to take her to the Vet at the
end of this month, but she had been whining
so when she urinated, that I got worried and
decided to take her sooner. I thought for
sure she had a bladder stone(s) the way she
was acting. She's been stone-free for over
1.5 years now , and I don't know, I just thought
that maybe my luck had run out.

Well, the good news is: no stones...whew!
But, the not-so-good news is: she has a
UTI. So, I started her on Baytril last night
and hopefully that will clear up the
infection. She is also on Lasix (as of last
wheeeeek) which is a diuretic, so it makes
her pee more and helps to flush her out. I'm
giving that to her once a day while she's on
Baytril and after this round of antibiotics,
I will have to give her the Lasix 2-3 times
a wheeeeeek for the rest of her life.

Ya know, it's Crazy how much medicine I have
for this 2.875 pound guinea pig. Let's see,
I have Shilintong (the Chinese herb), Metacam
(for pain), Mylicon (for gas), Flexigan (for
pain), Lasix (a diuretic), and now Baytril.
Daddy Slave calls her my Special Needs Pig,
but I don't really consider her that because
for the most part, she's not sickly. But, I
guess she sort of is cuz of the high maintenance.
I don't mind though. Why, you ask???
Cuz I was Born to be a SLAVE...

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeps,
       Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear and