[Gpdd] Health: Face rash

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Tue Mar 1 21:28:52 EST 2005

  I also get rashes when I snuggle my Piggies. I am allegic to just every fuzzy pet I have every snuggled. I have learned to accept it because I am NOT giving up my Piggies! The face rashes are the worst because the skin on your face on neck are thinner thatn on the rest of your body. If your rash is allergy related, it's recommeneded that you see your doctor about desensitizing your system. Until then, I have found over-the-counter allergy/antihistimine medicine helps me cope with the itchiness better. Also, cortisone cream rubbed on the rash will usually relieve the after effects of a Piggie visit and cause a nearly instantaneous ceasing to itchiness. The get rid of the redness, I have used calendula cream. It sooths my skin after a frantic bout of scratching and, although it does not immediately reverse the redness, it does seem to stop any lasting effect. You could also wear a turtleneck while snuggling, especially if they like to climb up to your neck. A hepa filter air purifier has done wonders for the rest of my breathing-related allergies. Good luck!

Jennifer and Adam, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is
"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."