[Gpdd] Health: bladder stones

Missy Chodoro melissachodoro at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 12:46:50 EST 2005

It seems that a lot of the post recently on the digest have dealt with bladder stones or sludge problems. Since this seems to be a common issue among piggies, should we all just start strictly limiting the calcium intakes we give our piggies? Mine will sometimes leave some chalkiness on the newspaper in their cages. I have tried to give them foods that have a 1.5:1 or 2:1 calcium/phosphorus ratio (as per guinea lynx) but I still maybe give them more greens then they should have. I am just wondering if we should all start some preventative measures to try to avoid these stones forming in the first place. What does everyone think?
Melissa- Lemi and Otis