[Gpdd] Care: mites

Karenluntw at aol.com Karenluntw at aol.com
Sun May 1 14:56:36 EDT 2005

Dear Lisa and family

I am wondering the same thing about mites in timothy hay.  My poor  Rajah has
mites again, and I have eliminated everything in his environment that
potentially can transmit mites.  The timothy hay has been on my mind for  awhile.  I
will try freezing some, but that is difficult because I buy such  huge bags
from Oxbow.  I am wondering if you have to freeze it for a week,  or will a few
days due?   How about the hay that is left in the room  with the piggies?
Can the mites travel from that to the cage?  I too  would appreciate any
thoughts on hay.

Karen  slave to Rex, Rajah, and Rocket