[Gpdd] MISC: Bedding, outdoor time, showing!

emartin at metrocast.net emartin at metrocast.net
Wed May 4 12:48:42 EDT 2005

Thank you all for the information on paper bedding.  I tried it on sunday
mixed with shavings.  The pigs love it.  ANd everyday I add a little more
and they seem to really enjoy it when the new is added.  Casper popcorns
and does laps in her cage, the "twins" Snowball and Copper come out of
hiding to play in it as well.

For outdoor time, we use a dog kennel that has small holes at the bottom
and larger holes at the top.  It was purchased a fw years ago for our
CHinese Pugs, but they no longer need it.  It is 10 feet round with a human
gate.  We just position it near our deck where we all sit and enjoy
watching them run, popcorn, and "introduce one another".  WE've had a few
issue with dominance since Copper and Snowball arrived.  Cuddles is not too
happy to have new playmates.  It's odd how my male Pickles is the mediator
of the bumch.  He will get in between them when hte teeth chattering starts
and pur till they move off.

Finally...How do I get information about what each breeds show qualities
are?  I would like to show my brood, but I haven't the foggiest what to
expect of judges.  (I ask because I once entered a Rex rabbit in the local
fair and took second place even though he was th eonly rex.  He was over
weight for a rex!)

Thanks

Liz Martin

http://mail2web.com/ .