[Gpdd] MISC: Pigpals, Treats

Missy Chodoro melissachodoro at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 14:49:11 EDT 2005

Hi everyone. When does the exchanging of the Spring pigpal gifts take place? What date should we make sure we have sent out our gifts? I don't want my poor receipients to be waiting around for their gifts for too long! On another note, I just wanted to share my story about treats. I used to give Lemi and Otis a few cheerios from time to time. Maybe 5 each.Anyone, somehow my boyfriend and I have started this evening ritual with them and its just too cute. About 9:30pm, we both sit down in front of the 2x5 cage and announce that its Cheerio time. Of course, the pigs usually start getting anxious around 9pm. Anyway, we wait until they come right up to the cage to receive their little bedtime treats. We give each one of them about 5 cheerios. They usually will climb up slightly onto the cage wall and beg for them and then drop down to chew them. When they are finished, they climb back up again for another one. We always have to make sure that Lemi is finished chewing his because he will
 often beg for another one while still chewing the first one. When we are down tot he last cheerio, we both announce that this will be the last cheerio and its like they know. They stop begging for them! its too cute. They start getting all excited around bedtime. When the pigs went to stay with Grandma/grandpa last weekend, I gave strict instructions for Cheerio time!