[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: REMINDER: VIRUS ALERT: DO NOT OPEN E-MAIL ATTACHMENTS!

GPDD Admin gpdd-admin at gpdd.org
Mon May 16 22:31:12 EDT 2005

Everyone,

We are going to run this weekly for awhile, in case anyone misses the post:

As everyone is well aware, e-mail viruses are commonplace these days.
However, it appears that the GPDD address has been used by a virus
generator somewhere, and is sending itself at random throughout the Net.

If you get an e-mail from *any* @GPDD.org address that has an attachment,
DELETE IT. The GPDD *does not* send attachments; the mail is not from us.
If you contact a DSN member, they WILL NOT send an attachment before
alerting you first that it is coming. In short, ANY attachment with a
@gpdd.org address is suspect and should be deleted.

In addition, if you get an e-mail that asks for any personal information,
delte it. The GPDD DOES NOT ASK FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Other than your
e-mail address and perhaps nickname, we DO NOT collect information on our
members.

These days, you can't be too careful. Never open an attachment from someone
you don't know; always confirm that an attachment was sent if it comes from
someone you *do* know! Make sure your virus scanning software is up to
date, and take advantage of the free online scanning services (Trend Micro
seems to keep a couple of hours ahead of the rest; go to
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp)

Thanks for your time. Now, back to the piggies!