[Gpdd] Misc: Bedding and poos, etc.

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 22 15:00:26 EDT 2005

Jaime- If Albert is having problems with the Carefresh getting into places it doesn't
belong, I think I would switch bedding. At least put a layer of something else over it
if it is absorbent. These guys have enough problems with impaction without adding
to it - that's one reason we stopped using the shavings, that and the mess of them
spilling out on the floor.  But watch him closely, that can become a major problem.
Carla- Yes, the horses show definite effects from switching to green grass in the
spring and summer. And what do we do to counter that? Less grass, more hay
and oats. So . . . should help the piggies.  The OP's enjoy occasional treats of
a pinch or two of uncooked old fashioned oats - sometimes a breakfast of toast
and oatmeal (I have the toast, they get a pinch or two from the crust; I have a
bowl of oatmeal, they get a pinch of uncooked oats).  Same should be true if a
piggie is getting too much green veggies, just cut back a bit, add more hay.