[Gpdd] HEALTH: pregnant piggie update

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Thu Oct 27 15:05:37 EDT 2005

Hello everyone and everypig.  After the joy of seeing a little baby next to
mommy, the next one wasn't alive.  The mother seemed to have done everything
properly as the baby seems clean.  In fact, I was debating on whether to
remove the baby but the mother came running over and stood over both babies
so I told her I'm sorry and that I wouldn't touch them.  She then began to
clean and nudge the not alive baby.  It broke my heart even more.  The first
baby seems active.

We have NEVER had a pregnant female and we thought she was going to deliver
maybe in a week or two.  I keep thinking there was something I should have
done.  The baby is perfectly shaped and just too adorable for words.  It's
breaking my heart.....

Thanks for listening.

Corrine