[Gpdd] [HEALTH] nystatin on guinea pigs?

Daisybell84 at cs.com Daisybell84 at cs.com
Mon Oct 31 12:39:11 EST 2005

Hi everyone! Hope everybody is doing well, and their babies too. I had a question regarding use of triamcinolone with nystatin cream? Cosmo and Sparco have a fungal infection on their little noses that is really hard to keep away. I've been using Miconazole 2% which USED to help, but is not doing much anymore. I have some triamcinolone with nystatin cream (brand name Mycolog) that is used topically for similar purposes in humans. They also use nystatin alone in babies for thrush (oral yeast), so I figured it couldn't be that harmful to the piggies? If anyone has any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance,

Daisy