[Gpdd] CARE: Re: Disaster Kit Supplies and bag

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 10 15:52:05 EDT 2005

I would like to clarify something about the disaster kit supplies.  I didn't
make it clear and I'm sorry for the confusion.

One of the supply kit items is a waterproof duffle bag.  That is placed
right on top of everything else in the carrier.  When "bugging out", all you
have to do is load the supplies directly into the bag.  I listed this in
this way because many of the piggie carriers (which are usually just
extra-small dog or cat carriers) have smaller openings for loading piggies
or other small animals.  If the supplies are already IN the duffel bag, then
it is difficult to pull the whole thing out as one loaded unit through that
smaller opening rather than being able to quickly take stuff out in smaller
amounts and throw it into the bag.

I had thought that I said at the end of the post (but I'm sure I left it out
by mistake) that, if the "door" of the carrier is large enough, the easiest
way to store these items it to load the bag so that it is ready to go and
just store the whole thing - already loaded - in the carrier so that all you
have to do is just remove it, put the piggies in, pick up the water, and
leave.

Obviously, having the bag already loaded is the better approach.  That is
how I have always done my cat carrier and supplies.  However, my piggie
carrier does not lend itself to this because of the size of the opening and
that is why I keep the supplies inside with the bag on top of them, and that
is why I listed it the way I did.

I'm really sorry about the confusion.

Thanks, Suzi, for pointing this out so that I could try to clear it up.

Candy; Topper and Mollie (and X)

to me, but maybe care instructions would be a good idea, too. Also, what
happens when you have to pull all that stuff out of the carriers to put
the pigs
in to make a run for it? Hope it's all in a bag or something, that could
be a
bit chaotic. I also try to keep all this handy to an exit, for a quick
escape.
A while back this was discussed in respect to fire, but you never know
what
might happen.
Lots of good ideas.
Susi and the Okie Piggies