[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Biting piggie

Julie Malinauskas jmalinauskas at verizon.net
Fri Aug 4 13:09:05 EDT 2006

Ann:

Actually, I am having the same problem, too.  I am a foster mother of a one
year old Agouti named Petunia. She does the same thing: she bites, nips,
chews, etc.  I am wondering if there is something I can do.
I was told that if I gently blow her in the nose after she bites, this would
encourage her to stop.  It doesn't hurt her, just startles her.  I tried
this, but she nips me for doing that.  *Sigh*  She is getting better about
it, but...

If anyone else has any advice, it's VERY welcome!  I would love to see
Petunia get to her Forever Home "bite free".

Julie and Petunia (with the even BIGGER teeth!)
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue