[Gpdd] Announcement: Dunya has been added to my herd!

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 17:37:13 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

Today I went to see my himalayan piggie. She is so gorgeous, i got to hold
her and she was really calm and sweet. The lady where I bought her also had
silveragouti (i have no idea of that is the same in english, but its a
silver color) US teddy, I had never really seen or felt one and he was
really soft, my lotje who is a rex does not have that kind of soft hair.
Hers is more course hair.
The lady is going to breed silveragouti us teddies! I think they are really
pretty and luckily she seemed like a good breeder, she had a satin boar and
does not breed with him because he might have satin disease (OD). I think
that's a good thing.
My new piggie, the himalayan, did not have a perfect himalayan coat, so she
could not breed with her. So she was for sale, I, of course, bought her, she
was born in spring this year, and I think I will name her Dunya.
I picked her up after work, and then she went with me by train, I think she
was really scared... She is still scared of me, but I think it will get
better in the coming days, at least i hope so! She looked quite miserable
and did not really want to eat.
I put her travelling cage on the ground so that she could come out by
herself, but of course she wouldn't!
She i closed her cage and put Guiny and Lotje on the floor with her.  When
seeing lotje and guiny she started eating her food, and looked a lot more
alive. Lotje was really interested and started gnawing the cagebars (i think
she's joined the piggie liberation front). Guiny was interested too, but not
as much as Lotje. Lotje and dunya started licking each other or something
like that. After a while i decided to open up dunya's cage. She and lotje
ran around the travelling cage for like 5 minutes! I think Dunya really
enjoyed it, she was wheeking at the top of her longs, something Lotje and
guiny hardly ever do.
Guiny and Dunya however is a different story. Guiny is not happy with it and
tried to bite her. Dunya is really fast so its not a real big problem as
long as they have the space to run around. After some time Guiny was walking
around with a mouth full of Dunya hair, so my boyfriend decided to put guiny
back in her cage. After a while we put Lotje back too.
Catching Dunya was a different problem, she is really fast, wow, cathching
her will need some practice i'm afraid. And on top of being really fast, she
squealed like a little piggie!
For now she's in her own cage, until she's used to us and her new place and
when she gets along perfectly with guiny and lotje during floortime i will
try to put them together in a combined cage (which i still have to make).
I'm thinking if trying to connect to cages by a drain pipe, anyone has ideas
on how to do that (make a hole in te hard platic of the cage)?

Dunya wants our secret santa piggies to know she has been added to mikey's
herd. So they both will be 3 piggies!

Pigtures of dunya will be posted soon, but can't get my pigtures if my
camera, and the ones i did get of my phone(camera) i'm not able to post at
the website :( But as soon as I get them online I will let you all know!

Many greetings,
Mieke
Mpstaaks at emxn.com
pandameisje at gmail.com