[Gpdd] Behavior : Gnawing on cage?

TKandJon at aol.com TKandJon at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 13:50:16 EST 2006

Subject:  [Gpdd]
To: "gpdd at gpdd.org" <gpdd at gpdd.org>

Tk,
Maybe Ivory want to visit  the other piggie
next to her. I know my piggie Jimmy does
it when his water bottle is low, or sees me
and thinks he needs a  treat, or .... Jimmy
doesn't need a reason. He does seem to
go in streaks and doesn't do it for awhile.
It could be  that she wants your attention or
possible the other piggies  attention. I have had
several cage biters and they never have  problems
with their teeth or eating. I think it's just some  do
it and some don't.

Thanks a ton!  I will worry less now.  I am always thinking  something means
teeth trouble or they aren;t getting enough of SOMETHING in  their diet, as I
am still a nervous piggie Mommy, lol.  I know she worries  her water bottle
something fierce, and is very particular about what one she  will drink out of.
Recently, she wore out the spring in her water bottle,  and refused to drink
out of anything except an identical water bottle.  We  actually tried 2 new
ones before we finally gave her Hermione's and thankfully  Miney isn't as picky
about what her water comes in!
TK