[Gpdd] Care: Hay question for the experts

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Sat Jan 21 22:05:52 EST 2006

Congratulations Jaime on the Sweet Meadow Hay! Snowball got some last year.
Isn't it great! I started using it in the cute sleeping tent Guinness got
for Snickers and now I ran out. So here's my question.

I went to a feed store today and bought some local Texas grass hay. ($2.50
for a lawnbag-full) My intent is to use it for bedding only inside his
little tent. Snowball, with his teeth problems, barely eats any hay at all,
even though he has sweet meadow, timothy and even alfalfa. I know that is
terrible. But he enjoys sleeping on the hay in the tent.

So do you think the grass hay could hurt him if he chose to nibble on it? He
may eat some (doubt it) or he may refuse to eat it. I will wait to hear some
opinions on it before exposing him to it. I wonder if it may have more
bugs/mites than other hay? Eww.

Thanks for your opinion,
Carla, Snickers and Snowball