[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney]: Memorial Ideas

Maren Fouts magbfouts at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 10:09:58 EDT 2006

 This may sound crazy, but I think it would be wonderful if we could
actually rally for a worldwide pet day or some such.  Kind of like Earth
Day.  I imagine it's possible but it would take some doing.  Then, years
down the road as the day becomes more known amongst the populations of the
world then "conventions" could be held to educate people in the care of all
different kinds of pets.

That would be wonderful, but I think I'm reaching too far.  I was thinking a
lasting memorial would be very appropriate.

Maybe we could all pick one of the causes he championed and start up on it,
writing letters, making phone calls, whatever is needed.  I think he would
love that idea.  Of course, I never had the chance to meet him.  I really
feel that I missed out.

Just a couple of thoughts.  One, reaching for the stars, another more within
reach.

As for the lighting a candle idea, I really like it.  The time difference
could make it so there's at least one candle lit in his memory for most of
the day 24 hour period.  I was thinking of doing it on the day of his
funeral, but since that's today, it's unlikely to happen.

Piggy Kisses to all,
Maren, Rosie, and Charlie