[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT - Unexpected arrival!

Emma White emma10678 at dodo.com.au
Tue Jul 18 03:14:31 EDT 2006

Hi there!
First of all, I just want to thank everyone, from the bottom of my
heart, who has sent me condolence messages, both on and off the gpdd
list about the loss of my Suki pig. I am truly overwhelmed and so
grateful that so many wonderful people took the time to write me
beautiful words of comfort. It has really helped to know that there
are people who care and understand.
Secondly, Ry and I have unexpectedly welcomed a new girl piggie to
our family today! I was not looking for a new one just yet, but it
kind of just HAPPENED!
It all started on the weekend when I discovered a guinea pig rescue
organisation in my state! I decided then and there that when I was
ready for another piggie, that I would get in contact with them to
get a rescue in need of a home. I then read an article on a recent
rescue they had taken in of 36 abused piggies. ANYWAY, today I spent
the day volunteering at the local RSPCA (the company I work for lets
us do 1 day a year volunteering somewhere, while they pay us as
normal) and they had one little piggie up for adoption. Turns out she
was one of the piggies from the rescue operation I had read about! To
see the article: http://www.geocities.com/fizzyjess/
indexsanctuarycasestories32guineapigrescue.html
At the RSPCA she was all on her own in a cold outdoor hutch on the
bare dirt with no grass or bedding to snuggle in (it's winter here at
the moment) and only a tiny bit of dry food. I couldn't just leave
her there, so here we are! She has been in foster care for about 6
weeks and fattened up and treated for mange, and she is not
pregnant.  I haven't named her yet, but the shelter was calling her
Snowy. She is pure white with pink eyes. They said she is 1 year old,
but I think she might be younger.
She is very skittish, but I am hoping that with some TLC she will
become tame. Ry is very eager to sniff her, but he will have to wait
a while before he can inspect her.
Sorry this is so long!!! Thanks for listening...
Emma
emma10678 at dodo.com.au