[Gpdd] Care: Airline Travel

Lisa M Carey carey.lisa.m at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 17:52:15 EDT 2006

Hi everyone!

Lisa the lurker here, wondering if anyone could give me some advice.  In
about a month, I will be moving from Pennsylvania to New Mexico, and of
course my piggy, Beaker, is coming with me.  We will be traveling by plane
to get there.  I've never taken any animal on a plane, let alone a guinea
pig, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice.  I've made all the
necessary arrangements for him to travel as my carry on, but I was wondering
about the logistics of traveling with him.  Does it matter how soon before
the flight I feed him?  What kind of carrier is best? Can he come out of the
carrier during the layover?  Hay at all times?  What else can I do to make
him comfy and safe?  He's almost 2 years old and in great health, but of
course I worry about him and want to take every precaution I can!

Thanks for the help!
Lisa