[Gpdd] Care:Lady Bug and drinking

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 16:38:06 EDT 2006

Thanks to all of you who wrote about the Lady Bug not drinking.  You have all been a great help to relieve my mind about this.  LB's doctor saw her and pronounced her a perfect 4 year old black and white egg plant!  In other words, her skin is elastic with no flakes from anything like dry skin or parasites and her coat is glossy.  Guess we'll never know why after 4 years of the same water that she and I have been drinking, she stopped.  She does get lettuce 3-4 times a day still wet from the rinsing (on her brick, not bedding) and a slice of fruit such as apple, pear, peach, etc.  Her doctor approved all this.  She eats lots of hay and, maybe, 1/8 cup of pellets so she's doing great in the food dept.

  It's surprising as well as reassuring to find out how many guinea pigs don't drink any or not much water.  I fill her bottle to the top, the seal does not leak, so I know she's not touching it.  Who knows.  As I said, she is very opinionated about things.  The important thing is that she is fine.  Again, thanks to all of you.

  Joan, slave to the Lady Bug