[Gpdd] Misc:home

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 12:51:57 EDT 2006

Hi Heidi.  Here we go again with a landlord problem.  Sometimes landlords need to be reminded they are not gods.  (Here in California they are constantly reminded!)  On what grounds are you being made to get rid of your little Sweetie?  Do you have a lease?  What does it say about animals?  How long have you had your guinea pig?  Guinea pigs are basically cage animals.  Going outside or on the floor is just an option for them.  For Heidi and any other digester that comes up with this problem "all of a sudden", check with your local Housing Authority!  Under Federal Law tenants have rights too!  Leases can't be changed out of the blue.  A lease is a legal contract on both sides.  There is also a condition called "implied consent" meaning that if your landlord knows you have your pet and have had it for 6 months or more, he can't just tell you to get rid of it.  Don't take this kind of treatment!  There are many "bad" landlords out there.  Check with your individual states
 and fight things like this.

  As a manager of a complex whose owner is a decent person, things like this make me mad.  While I think that in some cases California goes overboard, I still think that tenant rights need to be taken care of.  Tenants are people too, even bad tenants.

  Joan, slave to the Lady Bug.