[Gpdd] Health - Bloody discharge from nipple

Cheryl Cline cherylcline at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 00:14:36 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm sorry to report that my beloved Alex is oozing a bloody discharge
from one nipple.  I had noticed it one time previously when he left a
bloody stain on my shirt, but I assumed he had nicked his foot or
something.  I pressed all four feet with a napkin and found no blood,
so I was puzzled.  Today, though, he oozed again on my lap and I
finally realized it was coming from a nipple.
I'm afraid it's a tumor--I remember that Popcorn's slave had taken her
piggy in for surgery due to a nipple tumor.  I'm going to take Alex to
the vet this week.
I should have taken care of this earlier, but can anyone recommend a
good Los Angeles-area vet for guinea pigs?  I knew I should have
gotten this sorted out before there was a real emergency... :(
I would appreciate any help or suggestions.  Thanks so much,
Cheryl, slave to Alex P. Hamilton and J.B. Poopsmith