[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Martin Luther

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Thu Jun 22 05:31:06 EDT 2006

My computer modem got struck by lightning (again), so I have been offline a
while and catching up. I was just beginning to rejoice in the fact that, for
once, there was a long run of gpdd's with NO departures for the Rainbow Bridge
 to grieve over when - bang, I read about Martin Luther.

I was so sorry to read about his long struggle, and I am sure you made the
right decision, heart-breaking though it must surely have been. Martin Luther
is  now painfree in that sweet meadow beside the Rainbow Bridge, and all of us
on  here know what excellent company he is in, as I think we all have furry
friends  there ourselves.

I do have just one little query. You say he had a fungal infection - was
this a fungal infection in his lungs? Only I know external fungal infections can
be treated with special oils and shampoos, and I have never heard of internal
 fungal infections.

How I wish there was more widespread knowledge of guinea pig  ailments.

Anyway, may it bring you just one tiny shred of comfort to know that a
piggie slave across the ocean in France shares your sense of loss and wishes you
well. Please give Pippin a special cuddle from me.

By the way, the thunderstorm was forecast, but we had to go out. I spent  all
my time covering the guinea pig runs so the piggies wouldn't get wet, and
foolishly left the modem plugged in, even though we'd already lost one in a
thunderstorm. I got my priorities right, as you can see!

Debbie and the 15 Dolly Mixtures

"The animal  shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete
than ours they  move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the
senses we have lost or  never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren,  they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught
with ourselves in the  net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour
and travail of the  earth".

Henry Beston