[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Loss, ours and theirs

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Fri Mar 10 11:21:00 EST 2006

Thanks to all who have offered their condolences at the loss of Kazingo.
It helps greatly.  I know all of you know how I feel.  May I offer my
condolences as well to those who have suffered losses.  It seems that
there have been way too many lately.  Each one tears at my heart.

I too can't help but put some merit into piggies feeling the loss of a
bonded companion.  Kaz had surgery a month after Kack passed and
although all went well with her surgery, she passed away the next day.
A month after Kodee passed, his brother passed away.  I am spending
extra time with Kazingo's cage mate, Kurlee, and have divided up her
cage and enlarged it.  I have placed Barnee who used to share a cage
with Kozmo (until they got into a fight) in the other half.  While I
don't think they could actually share a cage, they can have some contact
and companionship this way.  So far, Kurlee seems to be doing very well.
Judging from her appetite, she won't die of starvation any time soon.
In fact, she's figured out that if she chews on my pajamas, I'll give
her a treat to stop.  :-)  Needless, to say I will keep a close eye on
her ... and, of course, all the other munchees.

Kacee, Mom to the Munchee Nine