[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Update on Joey

Jessica Schmidt jess_schmidt at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 21:44:00 EDT 2006

Hello fellow Gpdd readers,

  I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sincere thoughts and wishes that you sent my way for Joey. I think I have been able to send everyone a personal note of thanks, but if I managed to leave someone out I am truly sorry.

  Last Thursday Joey had a very rough day. In fact, when I picked him up from the vet the vet tech told me that I might consider helping him cross the bridge (something I had already personally been considering for days). I didn't get to talk to the vet that day because he was already gone, but I was distraught. The vet tech also mentioned they thought Joey had extensive neurological damage and possibly a brain tumor.

  The next day I had the opportunity to talk to the vet and asked if a change in antibiotics would help. He said it might and it was worth a try, so they gave him Genamyacin (sp??) and a fluid shot.

  He did run lab work and found that all his organs seem to be working well. The vet said his blood results came back "awesome."

  I am happy to report Joey has had a miraculous change. He hasn't had a falling episode in almost a week (it will be a week tomorrow)! And he's acting so much more lively! = )

We are still giving him his dermalog in both ears and will probably continue our routine with the antibiotic's for quite some time, but everyone is surprised and pleased with how he's doing. (I do try not to get too excited and keep a level head in the event he takes another turn for the worse).

  Anyway, I just wanted to update you all on how he was doing and let you know how very much I appreciated each and everyone's thoughts for Joey. Thank you so much!

  Jessica and sweet (not so sick) little Joe

  We wish those with sick fur babies and ones that have passed healing wheeps and we will keep you in our thoughts.