[Gpdd] CONDOLENCES: Cinnamon Bear again

Julie juwles at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 25 06:29:09 EDT 2006

Dear Corrine & Michael

Your email has made me so sad, I had to write again personally to
express my deepest condolences at the loss of your dearest little
Cinnamon Bear.   He sounded such a very dear boy, who obviously loved
his mommy very much.   He had such cute & adorable little habits &
quirks didn't he?

Our piggies are such frail little creatures, sent to comfort & love us
for such a short time in our own very long & quite often miserable
lives.   Our piggies give us love, cuddles, humour, happiness at seeing
us, squeaking at hearing plastic bags full of food coming, and lots of
smiles & more love again.    You did all you possibly could to help your
baby.     There are so few vets who seem to know anything about guinea
pigs - it's a crime.   When my Teddy was euthanased on 26/12/05 I
thought I would die.  I couldn't eat, get out of bed, stop crying, talk,
had no interest in anything.  I had to go to work after crying for the
rest of our Christmas holiday and had swollen puffy eyes.   When asked
what was wrong and I mentioned the loss of my love & life, I had some
people say he was only a pig!   Bugger that!    Teddy was my heart, my
soul, my joy, my love, my life!

Don't be blaming yourself - that's only the vets trying to push the
blame on to you because they had no idea what they were doing after all
their years of university training.   They are trying to find a
scapegoat to take the blame - that's you!   You gave that piggy so much
love, all of your heart, and I really believe that our piggies know
exactly how we feel about them, and how much they love us.

Don't get the autopsy done... it will only prolong your agony & this is
the time when you should be preparing to say your final goodbyes to
Cinnamon Bear.  Perhaps someone on the digest might have heard of this
type of thing before - or even the Peter Gurney website or the Guinea
Lynx website.

Just keep your precious boy with you until you have said your final
goodbyes, then lay him to rest in the most beautiful & peaceful spot you
can find - somewhere where you can go and sit beside him and draw
comfort knowing that in body, Cinnamon is close to you - but that his
cheeky, loving, adorable spirit runs free - hopefully with my Teddy Bear
& Muppet for company!

God Bless
Julie, slave to any piggy who needs one!

"I believe  that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when
our wings have  trouble remembering how to fly."