[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear isn't acting right...

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Fri May 26 09:39:40 EDT 2006

Hello Slaves,
Yesterday, my Brownie Bear had a bad
day. I don't know what is wrong with her. I
know on Tuesday, she was mourning the
passing of her good friend, Cinnamon Bear,
but she was eating and drink just fine. But,
yesterday (Wednes), she didn't eat or
drink much all day. Daddy Slave was home
working and he noticed that she wasn't
acting herself. But, he says that sometimes,
she is that way and she will lounge around
more. But, usually, when I get home from
work, the pigs come alive.

Well, when I got home, I noticed right off
the bat that something wasn't right. There
are clues. Like, their water bottles had too
much water in them. BB just wanted to stay
in her pigloo and not be bothered, so of
course, Butterscotch was in his pigloo next
to her. He follows BB where ever she goes,
it's so Cute. So, I kept persuading BB to go
and eat and drink, but she would just stand
by the food for a minute or so, and then run
under their wooden hidey place in the cage.
And if I walked away, she would run out of
the cage, and back into the pigloo (under
our dining room table). (Sigh)

So, I had an extra long BBPH, and I probably
syringed her a full 2 ounces of water. And
she whined a couple of times when she
urinated, so throughout the evening, I gave
her Shilintong, 1/2 of a Vit C tablet, Metacam
(for pain), and her Baytril (which she is on
until Monday). Then, around midnight, I
decided to make a pellet mush and syringe
her that. I have a big jug of Critical Care, but
realized that it went out of date last month. I
do have a packet of apple/banana flavored
CC that I got from the Vet when she got that
stone removed, but I just decided to go with
the pellet mush instead. So, she ate that up
fine. She wasn't spitting it out or anything (???).
So, why she won't eat on her own is a mystery.

So, I stayed up and kept an eye on her until
2:30am, and got up around 6:45am and checked
to see if there were any BB beans. But, there
were none except for a couple of those funny-
shaped poopies that kind of have that mucus stuff
around them. I tried to see if she would eat/drink,
but again, she was uninterested. After I got
ready for work, I syringed her some water and
then did my slave duties (change the towels,
etc.). Now, after I put the fresh hay in their cage,
she started eating the hay. So, she ate that for
a while and started pooping again. And although,
they were a little smaller than usual, they were
normal looking. Also, later I gave the pigs a
mix of endive and green leaf lettuce, and BB
ate a bunch of that, and then went back to the
hay.

Well, Daddy Slave is going to keep an eye on
her today. And I think I'm going to take a shorter
lunch so I can get home and care for her. Oh, I
forgot to mention that she looks fine and her eyes
are bright, and her weight is back up to normal.
But, she looked maybe slighty 'puffy' this morning,
which could be an indication of bloat, so I gave her
some gas medicine (Mylicon) this morning. And
when I get home, I will rub her tummy (just as some
slaves have suggested in the past).

She has had a Bad day before, so I am hoping
that that is just what happened. And hopefully,
she'll be back to normal soon. My Sweet Butterscotch
has been such a good boy too. He knows when BB
is not acting right, and he tends to watch over her
and protect her. Usually, the pigs fight over the same
water bottle, but BS was going to the 'undesired'
water bottle first to entice BB to come over and drink
out of the 'good' water bottle. Isn't that so Sweet???

Please keep my Bear in your thoughts, and I'm
sure I'll be sending more updates after I get home
from work.

        Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeps,
              Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear
                            & Butterscotch :-)