[Gpdd] CARE - tasty treat

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 10:52:15 EST 2006

Hi Penny.  I did a Google on the name and looked it up in the online encyclopedia.  If you Google the name, most of the sites can be translated for you.  What it basically said is that it originates in Central and So. America.  It is commonly used in hanging baskets but is supposed to be good for animals, particularly turtles!  The chemical breakdown looked pretty good but one thing that was said is that it has an even higher calcium content than dandelion.  Ok for an occasional treat maybe?  Anyway, that's what I found.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug

Penny Charlesworth <piggyfriends at tesco.net> wrote:
The GPDD moderators frequently reject messages that do not follow
these guidelines:
A lack of a Topic label is the most common reason for message rejection. Please use a Topic Label (HEALTH, CARE, ANNOUNCEMENT, BEHAVIOR, RESCUE, BREEDING, SILLY, PIGLETS, MISC. or VIRTUAL) and descriptive subject. More information on Topic use, post restrictions and permissions can be found at http://www.gpdd.org/topics.html

Postings to the digest must conform to the rules stated at
http://www.gpdd.org/guidelines.html

Please consult the GPDD FAQ at http://www.gpdd.org/faq.html for
a list of commonly asked questions.

Chris at Cavies Castle kindly gave me a piece of her plant from which I have grown several more and the Piggyfriends all love it ( but it doesn't go very far between 26 hungry mouths ).

I have not seen it for sale in England and the growers are missing out on a lucrative market here. I was just wondering if this plant is available in any of the countries represented by our members.

In the summer I look after tortoises for a friend and I will try it out on them ( they are hibernating now ).

Gpdd mailing list
Gpdd at gpdd.org