[Gpdd] [Behavior] same cage with divider

Laura Carin lcarin at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 15 01:30:27 EDT 2006

Hi Ginger,
My husband and I originally introduced Felix and Zephyr by sitting on the
floor with our legs straddled and  feet touching, each with a pig on our
side and then we let them go to the middle.  When I introduced Felix and
Zephyr into the same cage I tried putting a divider in for the night so I
wouldn't have to worry about the potential for them to fight while I wasn't
around to keep an eye on them.  They were fine together in the cage during
the day but I didn't want to take any chances at night.  Well, Zephyr kept
me up half the night as he made as much noise as possible banging and
chewing on the bars of the divider and removing any type of barrier I put up
so that he couldn't see Felix and maybe forget he was there.  Felix seemed
perfectly happy since he was the nervous new pig in town, but Zephyr wasn't
having any of that.  When I took the divider down at about 3am so I could
get some sleep, Zephyr was satisfied and I didn't hear a peep out of either
of them for the rest of the night.  They got along fine right from the first
time I introduced them so that probably helped.  Now they're best buds
except they occasionally try to mount each other and the one being mounted
squeals like crazy.

Good luck!
Laura, Zephyr & Felix