[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Butterscotch's Adoption Day

Bradley, Stephen G SGBRADLEY at PARTNERS.ORG
Mon Sep 4 09:56:38 EDT 2006

Whee have been somewhat negligent piggie-parents, in that in all the concern
about our dear Clover, whee have entirely forgotten to give due recognition to
the yeoman-like efforts of our other pig, Butterscotch.

It was actually Butterscotch who started feeling poorly first this spring,
before Clover showed any signs of his late troubles, and Mr. Scotch had dropped
an alarming amount of weight for reasons which were never completely diagnosed
(although whee don't feed him anything grown straight in the yard any more!).

But, happily, due to EXTREMELY diligent efforts to devour everything in his
path, and also protest vigorously if there wasn't enough in his path, not to
mention the occasional nibble at the furniture, his cage, and his slaves, Mr.
Butterscotch has managed to put on almost all of the weight that he lost, and is
looking positively chubby once again.  (Yay!)  Whee have been giving him
supplementary Critical Care (of the apple-banana flavor, which ABSOLUTELY LOVES)
to help him along, and whee are now facing the awkward diplomatic challenge of
persuading him that this is not a permanent fixture of the diet that he is
entitled to RIGHT NOW!!!...

And (horrors!) in looking at the calendar, whee also found that, what with one
thing and another, whee forgot to observe his adoption day (oh shameful us!).
As of August 20, whee officially consider him to be 3 years old, and many happy
returns to him.  (It's the usual deal; whee have no idea when his birthday
really is, but he was nominally 2 when we got him..)

On a slightly more serious note, whee have been thinking about buying him a
warming device of some kind, such as a warming bed or warming blanket from
Petsafe, and I was wondering whether people have had good luck with them?
Consider them safe for piggies?  Have opinions on which products of their might
be preferable?  Any advice appreciated.

Steve & Ginger, slaves to
Mr. Butterscotch, now officially 3