[Gpdd] Health- Calcium and Vitamin C millgram charts

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 12 16:44:20 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have heard that high calcium/phosphorus ratios can be contributer to bladder/kidney stones in pigs.  Here is a link to a very useful charts giving you calcium in milligrams for a variety of veggies and fruits.  http://www.guinealynx.com/diet_order-cal.html
You can also click on Vitamin C (upper left column/corner) and get the milligrams for that as well.   I printed both sheets and take them with me to the store when I buy veggies. I agree with Penny, I still give them parsley and stuff, but in moderation.  I give the low calcium, high c  stuff that they love more frequently like:  tomatoes, beets and bell peppers, etc..   Search around on this site, the also have the phosphorus ratios and a sample diet.  Hope this helps.

Lisa Stanley
& the San Diego Herd: Brody, Keely, Shayla, Genevyeve, Bronwyn & Delaney