[Gpdd] Guinea pig care

Mary Alice Heath maryscarlett at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 15:47:35 EDT 2006

I used Ivermectin topical cream for horses when I had a piggies with lice/mites. If you go to CavyLynx site they have  wonderful instructions on how to dilute it for your baby. But you will need an insulin syringe to measure an accurate dosage. Then you can apply it to the skin without the needle of course. I bought the Ivermection at a local feed store for horses ect. It was only about 4 US dollars. It will last a lifetime! But I hope you won't have to use it. They do say to repeat it in 10 days to kill any eggs of the mites or lice. My piggy did fine with it.
  Hope this is helpful!
  Mary Alice

Love a Guinea Pig!