[Gpdd] Heath: Soft stools, possible "clogging, on antibiotics

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Fri Sep 15 02:07:44 EDT 2006

Hi Alge

Seems like a few of us are having challenges with our furry friends. Sally
is still not up to snuff and I hesitantly had to take her off her
antibiotics for three days. I know this should be avoided at all costs but
my little girl had gone from mildly protesting the Chlor Palm to violently
rejecting the notion and at the same time stopped peeing. She started to pee
the next day much to my relief but then stopped pooping for 2 days. She was
very uncomfortable and to say the least jam packed. I took the approach of
getting as much liquid into her as possible to flush her system. To
encourage her I used very diluted carrot juice and to that I added a bit of
acidophilus to get her tummy working. I also wanted to get more fibre into
her and I had a free sample of Benefibre (www.benefiber.com
<http://www.benefiber.com/> ), which is a completely dissolvable fibre sort
of like Metamucil that is also sugar free and tasteless (I went out the next
day and bought a bottle). I gave her as much of this concoction as she'd
drink by syringe, on the second day she actually went through more than 16
oz of this water mixture. On the third day she started pooping and I could
have done a dance. They were at first hard and abnormally shaped, then soft
and mushy and then by the fourth day they were normal. If this helped Sally
it may help Mr. Cooders.

The last thing I did, and please don't think I'm crazy for it. I bought a
bassinet for the piggies, at a garage sale a while back, and it has a
vibrate feature on it. I put her in and turned it on and at first she didn't
like it but in a few minutes she was lying tummy flat on the bottom letting
it shake things through her.

I hope you, Mr. Cooders and Charlie all feel better soon.

All the best,

Martha, Sally, Poppy, Holly & Miss Otis

Martha Coburn

phone 705-687-4099