[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc - a condensed reply...

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 14:05:51 EDT 2006

Candy - Thanks for the Oxbow rescue info -
  I had also found out that they offer a discount to rescues,
  tho we haven't followed up on that.  Also, back to the
  water issue (please try to calm down), I, too, have found
  the tubes can get stopped up. So when I'm filling water
  bottles, if there's one that is nearly full, I am immediately
  suspicious, and will check it to be sure it's working well.
  Then the next time if it's unchanged (assuming it's not
  the only bottle in the pen), it gets completely changed
  out and cleaned, as well as checking the pig(s) for any
  signs of problems. I still think I'd like to go to a watering
  system, but haven't made the investment yet. Plus, with
  pigs in 2 rooms, that would mean 2 systems . . .

  Kathy - sounds like you're describing lice to me. I've been
  able to see them, barely, and I don't see small things well
  without my glasses. I would describe them as not as fat
  as a flea, but a bit longer. Maybe there are different kinds.

  Carole - good for you, at least you will be sure Spikey will
  be getting what he needs at the vet. Maybe you can go and
  visit him . . . if it wouldn't get him too worked up. You know,
  I remember when Moose had his eye injury, and it was so
  bad, and I just didn't think I could handle it. Then I really
  worried about the schedule of treatments, since I work and
  am gone about 10 hours counting drive time. So I loaded
  him up and took him to my son's, where April tended to
  him very well during the week. That worked out well for
  everyone, and he's doing fine today.

  Congratulations to the Story Piggies on their new member-
  welcome Checkers!  He sounds like the perfect companion
  for your dear Cheekie.  We, too, have a 'special' boy who
  desperately wants companionship, but runs most of the
  other boys nuts!  But they have a way of sorting things out,
  luckily. It still cracks me up, though, to see Potsy following
  Bentley around, always with that amazed look on his face.
  He just can't believe the wierd things that boy does.
  (sadly, we had no luck trying to view your pigtures)

  Dee & All in the Boston Area - have a great time at
  your Pignic! Wish we could be there in pig and person,
  but will have to settle for a Virtual Appearance!

  Susi & the Okie Piggies