[Gpdd] Health Ringworm

Joanne Colangelo dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 12:43:14 EDT 2007

Can guinea pigs get ringworm?  If so, how easily is it transferred?
I am fostering 3 kittens.  I have them for 3 weeks and they are now 5 1/2 weeks old.
Last Friday, they got a clean bill of health...almost...they just needed some amoxil because one kitty was sneezing.
Today, I took them to the vet after seeing crusty ears and they have RINGWORM!  There was NO sign of this a week ago!
My worry is this:  Since one kitten was very frail, after seeing the vet I felt better about having him with me (upstairs) a lot.  I'd hold him as much as I could...
Now that he has ringworm...
could it have been transferred to my guinea pigs?
Ringworm IS airborne...plus I did walk into their room with him...AND...I held him to my chest...then held them!
I am so worried.
What should I do?
Thanks for your help,
Joanne