[Gpdd] Health: Dunya's chin

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:09:24 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Dunya has got me worried. We noticed that for some time her chin or rather
the neck (the part were most piggies love a chin rub, Dunya included) is
getting thin and bald.
I told this today to my sister Janneke and she said she thought it could be
three things:
- the fact Dunya might rub that part of her chin along something repeatedly
which makes it bald.
- Dunya having mites
- or dunya having a lump or abces there

The first option is possible, she a very active pig and moves around a lot.
The second option does not seem very likely, she does not seem to be
scratching or have any discomforts at all.
The last one I thought also did not seem very likely, because Dunya loves
chin rubs and we would have noticed her having a lump there.
But I'd better check and I found out she did have a lump there! We tried to
have a closer look at it (which she hated), but managed to see she seems to
have a bloody (dried-up) scab. I'm not sure if she only has a scab there or
also has a lump or something there. I will take her to the vets first thing
in the morning, but was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what it
could be or caused it.
Apart from the scab there and some baldnes/thin hair around it she seems to
be doing just fine...

Any thoughts about it will be welcome.
I'll let you know how it goes..

grtz and wheeks from the Winky girls: Lotje, Guiny and Dunya and Slave Mikey

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com
m.staaks at pecoma.nl

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl