[Gpdd] Misc loosing piggies

Carole Appleby guinea_pig_8 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:50:23 EST 2007

Thankyou for the advice i had about feeding Shadow. Unfortunately i have been in that position a few times now. Im sorry to say Shadow didnt make it she went down hill very quick. She was 4 and a half and she died with her mum next to her, she was licking her when i found her Fri morning. It was very sad. But her mother is fine just carrying on like normal.
     I made the mistake of getting all my piggies all at once. I had 11 we had some great fun together and i enjoyed every minute.Its coming up to the 5th year now. But i have now lost 4 this year and 3 last year it is the hardest part.
 My sons say i shouldnt get any more because they dont like seeing me upset.
    My ginger with the fat foot has a twin sister called ginger 2. She has suddenly got a very wet bottom, and shes crying when she wees. Does this mean shes got a stone. The vet dosnt want to do surgery on her because she is 5. Anyway every time i take a pig to the vets i spend loads of money then they die. I keep feeling that i wish i hadnt taken them and let them live there life naturally. I feel guilty when she crys though. But at least shes eating loads and running about and alive.
  From Carole